We’re looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our growing Technology & Digital Development team. In this exciting new role, you’ll help grow and modernise our digital capability ensuring our solutions are both high-performing and sustainable. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of digital banking for Danske Bank customer.
As a Software Developer, you’ll accelerate the delivery of digital solutions within Danske Bank by developing, implementing and documenting solution requirements. You’ll help to define proofs of concept to test the architectures, models and corresponding technologies in sandbox or production environment, as well as working with stakeholders across the Danske Bank Group to deploy those solutions in production environments.
What you’ll do
As a Software Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the design, development and maintenance of technology solutions across all stages of the development life cycle, ensuring that solutions built are scalable and sustainable.
- Communicating complex technical information effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders, including those without a technical background
- Working with the Head of Automation & Digital Development Digital Transformation to deliver the technical roadmap for the evolution of the architecture for digital solutions.
- Developing and implementing key components as needed to create testing criteria and standards, in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of digital solutions / API architecture.
- Building relationships with Group API adoption colleagues and tribes, ensuring delivery of UK API roadmap, incorporating new technologies and relevant Group policies, concepts and practices into delivery of digital solutions.
- Developing, extending and updating API best practices and guidelines
- Co-ordinating releases across stakeholders to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
What skills / qualifications will you need?
- 3+ years of software development experience (Java)
- 2+ years of recent API development experience in .NET & fundamentally strong in API basic concepts.
- Excellent understanding of API based design & development, including Domain Driven Design principles (Swagger)
- Experience with API Management solutions (e.g. IBM API Connect)
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary dependant on experience.
- 40 days’ leave per year (30 days’ annual leave plus 10 paid bank holidays).
- Company pension contribution – we will contribute up to 10% of your salary.
- Funded private medical care provided by Benenden.
- Perks card offering discount on a wide range of products and activities such as eating out, fashion, accommodation, motoring and gym membership.
- Financial support for Further Education after successful completion of 12 months service.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- This is a full time role at 35 hours per week.
Why we think you’ll love it here:
We are a flexible employer
Our Better Ways of Working model is based on our colleagues’ need to concentrate, collaborate and connect. It provides flexibility of work location within a framework where an individual’s role allows:
• Minimum 1 day in the office per week
• Minimum 2 days at home per week
• Remaining time is a choice of home, local branch or office locations
We have comprehensive support virtually and in person to support you as you start your career with us.
We want to be the best bank in Northern Ireland for our customers, colleagues, partners and society. You can read more about our approach to Social Responsibility here.
We embrace Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We embrace diversity and create an inclusive culture where differences are seen as a strength and where people feel valued and realise their full potential. This is vital to how we approach our talent strategy.
It’s our mission to make a home for our colleagues. A place, for all colleagues to feel free to be seen the way they want to be seen, to be validated and to know that their voice matters.
We want you to be able to confidently say “I work for Danske Bank, and Danske Bank works for me: I feel included & I belong”
We’d love to hear from you. If you would like to apply, please make sure your CV includes enough detail to show how you meet the criteria we’ve set out here.
To submit your CV, click ‘apply’.