A strong Java Developer with backend java development experience, good knowledge of databases & messaging.
Driven by people, data and technology, First Derivative is a managed services and consulting business, and one of the world’s leading Capital Markets consultancies.
It is part of FD Technologies plc, a group of data-driven businesses that unlock the value of insight, hindsight and foresight to drive organisations forward. Counting many of the world’s leading investment banks as clients, First Derivative helps its clients navigate the data-driven, digital revolution that is both disrupting and transforming the financial services sector. The Group operates from 15 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific and employs more than 2,500 people worldwide.
Our Client is a US Tier 1 multinational investment bank. We’re currently forming a team to support the modernisation of their transaction reporting engines. The systems are highly available and support a large trading volume from their desks in NY, London and Asia. Both ETD and OTC products.
You will be joining First Derivatives development team distributed between New York, London & Newry. You will also be supported by a team of First Derivative Business Analysts and QA Engineers.
You will be involved in development of core server-side functionality and optimisations. The role does not involve deployment or support of the application.
- Building highly-available, fault-tolerant code
- Identifying problems and code reverse engineering
- Test Driven Development with appropriate unit tests for every functional change
- Working with the BA team to complete Spikes and analyse issues
- Supporting the QA team for Functional and Regression Testing
- Working with the wider Dev team to ensure the success of each Sprint
- Balancing technical implementation with the business schedule and deadlines
- Collaboration with Scrum Master and wider management team when required
- 3+ years of experience and excellent knowledge of Core Java (i.e. Collections, Generics and Functional Programming etc.)
- An ability to break down a problem and present a logical solution or next step to solving a problem
- Very Experienced in source code control and CI Systems (i.e. git/bit bucket/stash, Jenkins etc.)
- Comfortable with modern IDEs (Eclipse and IntelliJ)
- Experience with build automation and dependency management tools like Gradle
- Experience with IoC frameworks like Spring
- Experience with RDBMS (Sybase, DB2 and PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working across both Windows and Unix
- An ability to work independently and reach out to the team for support in a timely fashion
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like MIFID, EMIR, SFTR and FRTB
- Experience in Investment banking and an understanding of Financial Products and Life Cycle Events