This is a superb opportunity for a well-organised and pragmatic engineer with a passion for concise, efficient code to join the team which develops and operates the off-exchange trading system and products at this tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm.
This is a high impact role, where you will be maintaining and extending the JVM-based networking platform in order for it to integrate with new trading venues and adapt to new asset classes. You will also be implementing new cross-asset pricing features.
The successful candidate will be an expert Java developer - your in-depth understanding of the inner workings of modern JVMs will be invaluable, particularly around performance optimisation.
***Interviews will be remote; ideally start dates will be in-house, but they're flexible.*** Requirements
- 3+ years' professional experience of writing Java and/or Kotlin
- Strong testing skills and understanding of its importance
- Proactive and adept at managing multiple projects
- Highly numerate, with fantastic problem-solving skills
- Finance experience NOT necessary
- Ideal candidate would have some UI experience, preferably React
- Competitive compensation package
- They're willing to be flexible with WFH
- Challenging work within a truly flat structure; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Very direct impact on the PnL, with very little bureaucracy
- Generous benefits package, including life & health insurance, pension, onsite gym, yoga, climbing wall, pool & table tennis and regular staff social events
up to £130k base + bonus Contact
If this sounds like you, or you'd like to know more, please get in touch: Andy Stirling-Martin