**No agencies please
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager / supervisor / work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
If you believe in these principles keep reading….
The Solution Architect is expected to significantly impact and drive digital transformation by architecting and orchestrating solutions that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Drives and delivers strategy through leading technology decisions and proving expertise across multi domain solutions & offerings including our trading application, website, and desktop application;
- Quantifies the needs of the business to achieve value outcomes, champions required methodology, creating new IP and shares recommended best practices;
- Drives delivery excellence ensuring quality transformation plans and solutions are delivered;
- Performs risk management and architectural oversight for cross domain solutions working in tandem with the development team;
- Participates in opportunity development focused on complex solutions in line with company strategy.
The Solution Architect should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Ability to engage in senior level IT and business decision makers’ discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end IT;
- Act as enabler for the development team across our business;
- Show passion for the products through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of engagement;
- Apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of architecture to define appropriate client solutions;
- Be credible by possessing current and deep experience with implementation of large software systems;
- Understand competitive technology and how to properly assess feasibility of utilising, integrating or building, and scaling in-house to support our clients;
- Represent and deliver the full value of technologies and services to our clients.
The Solution Architect should have expert level knowledge required to assist our team in architecting, planning, testing, and deploying solutions and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Previous experience with capital markets and trading software solutions;
- Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions both internally and externally;
- Ability to execute using standard architectural methods, processes, and tools;
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk for architecture;
- Demonstrated excellence facilitating company design & awareness sessions focused on complex application solution architectures;
- Deep technical knowledge in architecting solutions with containerized technologies (Docker/Kubernetes) and understanding of CI/CD and DevOps secure practices;
- Deep knowledge of Cloud and in particular AWS, ideally with experience in banking/fintech sectors and industries;
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing an understanding of the customer business value associated with the deployment of modern financial productivity, system-to-system, and end-user applications;
- Architectural understanding of and implementation experience with the following solution architecture areas: Modern Applications, Business Productivity including but not limited to portal and browser-based trading solutions, Application Architectures including the use of cloud-based technology capabilities such as AWS Blockchain/Lambda/Beanstalk/Serverless, Application Life Cycle Management and Application Platform processes and technology capabilities, Data and DB Management using noSQL/MySQL, Caching, and application middleware architectures;
- Large enterprise deployment and scaling experience in complex heterogeneous environments;
- Ability to move between high-level architectural review/design and lower-level implementation by fully understanding the SDLC;
- Deep understanding of TOGAF architectural principles, standards, and practices;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills;
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written).
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written).
It would be nice to have additional technical understanding in the following areas:
- Understanding of securities trading (debt, equity, derivatives, hybrids) and associated financial markets;
- Understanding in architecting and implementing blockchain solutions;
- Has previously worked with Electron;
- Been involved in the inception of CI/CD practices;
- Understanding in architecting solutions with Messaging architecture (ZeroMQ/Pub/Sub/WebSockets/Protobufs) and has previously worked with C++.
- Has previously worked with multi-threaded real-time/low latency systems;
Archax is a provider of institutional-grade exchange services intended to facilitate the trading of cryptocurrencies and digital assets. Headquartered in London, with operational presence in the Philippines
Founded by experts from traditional and regulated capital markets professionals, Archax's solutions are built using existing, proven, resilient, scalable, high-performance Infrastructure, hosted in top-tier datacentre space, and integrated into the existing institutional trading workflow.
At Archax, we believe in "one vision one company", and conduct ourselves accordingly to provide our clients with first class services globally. "You have an idea, we have the solution."
Archax Holdings Ltd is the first ever digital securities exchange regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody and cryptoasset permissions.
Archax offers a credible bridge between the blockchain world and the existing investment space.
The Archax team is used to working in highly regulated markets and has a deep understanding of the blockchain landscape and tokenization too - as well as a vision of how to evolve them and open digital assets to institutions in a transparent manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
COVID-19 considerations: Archax follows Government's mandatory requirements related to the coronavirus.