- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data; Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital. Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities/technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change.
Foundry is a high profile initiative being driven by Digital to deliver a new way of enabling software development within the company, particularly to the growing community of citizen developers within the company's investment-related business areas. As a platform, Foundry will comprise a CI/CD pipeline with obsessive levels of automation, and a fully supported execution platform that caters for applications from “you build it, you run it” through to full productionisation. As part of the project, we will be enabling Schroders' AWS cloud implementation, to support the company’s data engineers, scientists and analysts. We aim to bring the protection of professional software development best practices to this community without the overhead that might be incurred – making the right thing to do the easiest thing to do. Through the development of Foundry, we will be dogfooding and running the project as (internally) open source.
• Integration APIs for Foundry, written in NodeJS to work against the various tools in the CI/CD/developer support toolset (some still under evaluation) and in the AWS platform
• A Foundry portal, written in ReactJS, that uses these APIs, to provide a single point of access for all things Foundry related
• Create the design of the APIs and portal forming part of the Foundry platform
• Deliver innovative, simple yet elegant technical solutions built for scale
• Ensure the project epitomises development best practice and ensure engineering excellence in its delivery
• Help build into the Foundry CI/CD pipeline anything necessary to support this
The successful applicant must bring the communication and presentation skills necessary to represent IT to senior stakeholders.
• Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal and written
• Solid understanding of and experience with both NodeJS and ReactJS
• A good understanding of REST and other patterns and approaches
• A demonstrable DevOps mindset, and experience with a range of tools in this space
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level, or with equivalent industry experience
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.