Issuer Services UK Line Control (Operational Risk)
- An Operational risk role accountable to the Issuer Services Operations Global Line Control Lead.
- The role is tasked with running the UK Issuer Services Line Control Team which is a risk and control function within Operations that is primarily responsible for improving and strengthening the overall business's control environment. Operations Line Control is a global function that works closely with a network of markets and city sites Operations, Change, Product and Client Management in ensuring that our risks are being managed within risk appetite, and provides ongoing assurance as to the adequacy and operation of key controls. The function ensures adherence to internal control policies, develops and delivers communications, learning and education initiatives that deepen control culture, raises awareness of risks and promulgates control best practices.
Impact on Business
- Subject matter expert in Operational Risk and Control
- A key focus area is oversight and management of ISV Operations role and responsibilities relating to the Balance Sheet Substantiation process.
- Good understanding of FCA CASS rules as they apply to HSBC HSS
- Detailed product knowledge including associated post trade operational processes
- Develop and maintain effective governance mechanisms for risk and control management within the business
- Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Performing Continuous Control Monitoring on behalf of UK Issuer Services (maybe performed offshore as well as onshore) to provide assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Professionally representing Issuer Services risk and control across the business through proactive key stakeholder engagement at all level of the organization
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Partner with business management to continually improve our operational risk control processes and mitigate risks in our business operating models
- Focused on delivering results, positively challenges the status quo, seeks improvement and is resilient in meeting targets
- Ability to work autonomously
- Manage relationships and coordinate / leverage other teams outside of Issuer Services Operations such as HSS CCO, Finance, Operational Risk and Internal and external Audit
- Participate in the development of relevant policies and control best practices
- Participate in HSS-wide reviews and control assessments
- Provide guidance on the development of relevant policies and control best practices using specialist product knowledge
- The role requires collaboration with colleagues across the Issuer Services network and with respective HSS support functions. This requires strong influencing and ability to work across cultures and native language. Due to ongoing change in the organization, competitive market and changing technology there will continue to be high demands on the operational teams to support change and to drive efficiency improvements, reduce operational risk and make incremental improvements in the way clients experience our services.