Investor Relations Director, Industry Leading Investment Manager, London, UK
We are working with an entrepreneurial lower mid-market growth investor with significant and growing AUM. Its impressive and international team invests in UK-managed businesses across a wide range of sectors, stages and strategies. As a team they strive to make better returns for their investors from worthwhile businesses; whether it's by investing in inspiring UK SMEs, or funding important sectors such as healthcare, life sciences and renewable energy.
They are now looking to hire an Investor Relations Director to support through the LP and SPV fund-raising cycle from managing pre-marketing all the way through to post-closing investor relations activities, driving the fundraising activities for the fund with institutional investors, family offices and high net worth investors.
This person will enjoy working across a range of asset classes, supporting fundraises across the Energy & Infrastructure, Development Capital, Property Development Lending, and the Ventures teams. This role requires managing relationships with investors and ensuring that communication is professional, efficient and accurate. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishing new and building on relationships with existing investors
- Providing consistent, regular, and accurate communications through update reports and managing bespoke requests
- Working with senior investment individuals, external advisors and internal sales teams to build on the fundraising strategy and operationally implement the capital raising strategy for future funds
- Building on your network of investors to expand the firm's activity outside of tax-efficient capital vehicles
- Managing and preparing key fund marketing materials: DDQs, pitching presentations, case studies and other additional fund marketing documentation
- Working with the wider team in the planning, preparation and delivery of key investor events including AGMs and Advisory Board meetings
- Supporting the preparation and contribution to drafting sections of investor reports
- Five plus years relevant investor relations experience gained in a fund or placement agency combined with prior experience in financial services or consulting
- Demonstrated track record of successfully raising capital from a proven global institutional and family office investor network that can be immediately leveraged
- Strong, positive internal and external relationship management skills enabling you to engage at all levels
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of private equity, energy and infrastructure and properly lending, venture capital or a genuine interest in the sector
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, drafting clear and impactful messaging, presentations, and communications
- Familiar with the relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines across different geographies ranging from U.S., Europe, MENA, and Asia.