The investment editorial team within Investment & Product Content (IPC) at T. Rowe Price is a global group committed to the development and delivery of engaging content to support sales, marketing and client reporting activity. Content is developed for and used by multiple regions and market segments, which can include sophisticated institutional investors or intermediary and retail-level investors.
The editorial team has associates based in Baltimore, London and HK. The London team develops content primarily for investment strategies managed in the region, supporting local investment personnel, and aligning closely with marketing, sales and reporting stakeholders. Writers typically specialize in defined asset classes and strategies.
Rapidly evolving regulatory requirements (such as SFDR and EU taxonomy), an expanding ESG product range and growing client demand in relation to ESG content has created a need for a specialist ESG writer to help address distinct content needs in this space. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESG writer or talented writer and content creator looking to develop their career in the evolving world of sustainable investing content. The writer will have the opportunity to work with investment and research personnel in the responsible investing field, as well as other professionals dedicated to growing and communicating the firm’s ESG credentials.
The ESG specialist writer will develop content for client reports, write regulatory disclosure content for segregated account clients, write and edit content for engagement and proxy voting reports, prepare outlier ESG content for RFPs (request for proposals) and DDQs (due diligence questionnaires), and devise and write thought leadership content for marketing and prospecting, including ESG and Impact annual reports.
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
- Source, research, write and edit commentaries specific to the responsible investing fund range and other ESG products as necessary, for various reporting cycles. This includes delivering content to support existing and new regulatory obligations.
- Support ESG commentary requirements for segregated accounts.
- Write and edit engagement and proxy voting reports, communicating company engagement activity and proxy voting rationales for various reporting cycles for multiple strategies.
Report content development requires:
- Close working relationships with responsible investing, governance, portfolio analysts / portfolio specialists to track and communicate regulatory, market, engagement and proxy voting activity relating to the investment strategies.
- Understanding of portfolio performance attribution, positioning and strategic purchases and sales or actionable insight in client reports for assigned strategies.
- Delivery of a high volume of report content to tight deadlines, balancing the need for speed and efficiency with quality analysis, attention to detail and compelling narratives.
Marketing and thought leadership content:
Create ESG-specific thought leadership and annual report content. Key outputs include:
- Thematic and strategy specific white papers that help build the ESG brand and understanding of our ESG research and investment capabilities
- Support for development of content to feature in ESG and Impact Annual Reports
- Other content as required to support dedicated ESG marketing activity.
This requires the following capabilities:
- Versatile writing skills to devise and create sophisticated and engaging content for a range marketing and sales purposes
- Ability to identify ESG content ideas, nurturing them from inception to editorial and production
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work with creative and production teams, and familiarity with compliance and legal requirements within financial services.
Other – RFP
- Create or revise core content to reflect product launches or changes to existing strategies, including regulatory content relating to SFDR disclosures
- Serve as ESG point person on the editorial team, working with RFP Editors and Portfolio Analysts to devise content that conveys T. Rowe Price’s ESG credentials relating to specific strategies.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced writer / editor – minimum 5 years
- Experienced writer of client report content and/or marketing thought leadership, ideally with demonstrable portfolio of ESG content.
- Qualification in finance, economics or communications discipline
- Knowledge of and interest in ESG investing concepts and regulatory environment
- Knowledge of financial markets and economics
- Ability to write about complex concepts in a compelling and engaging style
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build relationships with key editorial, investment, marketing and reporting stakeholders
- Deadline-driven and ability to multi-task
- Experience writing/editing for asset management firm or within financial services
- Familiarity with reporting processes and cycles in an asset management context
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.