A highly regarded investment research boutique in the city is looking for an investment writer with an analytical mind to join the team. Investment trusts knowledge is required.
- Produce high-quality content spanning a wide variety of media, pitched at private and professional investors in the UK, with a tilt on Investment Trusts and alternative asset classes.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of investment content across commentaries, articles, white papers, social posts and emails.
- Liaising with the investment trust teams to understand their marketing objectives and create briefs that reflect their aims
- Liaising with analysts to understand their client investment trusts and recognise their key selling points, which to inform the campaign briefs described above
- Write engaging, in-depth feature articles designed to highlight our client investment trusts and explain their usefulness to investors and their appropriateness for relevant investment strategies
- Be able to break down complex ideas, industry jargon, and complicated investment processes into understandable concepts for ordinary people.
- Work closely with the analysts team to formulate and deliver interesting angles and ideas for articles about our ‘enhanced marketing’ clients.
- Generate interesting ideas which can be used to promote our research among the trade and national press
- Strong written skills are essential, particularly the ability to write creatively across a broad range of media for a range of audiences across the full investment spectrum.
- Experience in a writing role with an investment management company desirable, with investment trust and OEIC knowledge essential
- Demonstrable technical investment knowledge across asset classes
- Robust understanding of financial markets and the investment management industry is necessary in order to provide market updates and investment/economic outlooks.
- Experience of taking ownership of content functions, in-house of outsourced, an advantage.
- Experience of writing for the institutional market preferred. Knowledge of Excel and Bloomberg required.