- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
This opportunity is working for an expanding (this is a new role) Asset Management business based in the City. The role will work very closely with 1 or 2 of the firms investment teams, pro-actively offering advice and forming a content/messaging strategy aligned with the funds objectives.
This role sits within the Marketing department on the Investment Communications team. The team ensures that the messages are clear, consistent and compelling to clients, media and colleagues. This role specifically supports the communication of the companies investment capabilities through the creation of marketing collateral at the asset class, product and fund level. This includes development of thought leadership, sales messages and educational materials to promote the companies investment capabilities, as well as fund and market reporting.
- Proactively support the development and articulation of messages for the Companies client and media distribution channels.
- Produce high-quality content across a variety of written media covering the businesses investment capabilities and products.
- Create high-quality investment commentaries and economic market outlooks for the businesses distribution channels.
- Support media activity through the writing of articles and awards submissions.
- Act as a key source of investment, market and product-related expertise.
- Ensure the timely production of high-quality, accurate investment commentary for a range of communications, including client reports, market and performance reviews.
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote the businesses products and capabilities and to enhance the companies position as a thought leader within the marketplace.
- Build effective relationships with the investment management and distribution teams to ensure investment information is utilised to maximum effect.
- Ensure consistency of style and message across all investment communications.
Maximise the leverage of content pieces across regions and media in a timely manner.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Strong written skills are essential, particularly the ability to write creatively across a broad range of media for a range of audiences across the full investment spectrum.
- Significant experience in a writing role with an investment management company desirable, though individuals with media, research or other backgrounds will be considered. Demonstrable technical investment knowledge across asset classes including fixed income, LDI, equities, multi-asset and absolute return desirable.
- Robust understanding of financial markets and the investment management industry necessary in order to provide market update and investment/economic outlooks.
- Experience of writing for the institutional market preferred.
- Strong organisational skills and proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Excel, Datastream and Bloomberg required. Experience of Lipper is an advantage.
- High level of proficiency in data management and chart creation an advantage.
- Investment qualifications, e.g. CFA, preferred.