We are working with a top tier global Asset Management firm who looking for an Investment Stewardship Analyst to join their Investment Stewardship team. This role will involve serving as a subject matter expert on governance topics, directing and monitoring sector team deliverables, and coaches less experienced analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a subject matter expert in select corporate governance areas, which include executive compensation arrangements, board composition and evolution, risk managements, and governance structures.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the client’s voting guidelines and investment stewardship philosophy.
- Analyses highly contentious or complex proposals to develop voting recommendations to be presented to senior management.
- Monitors and assigns the completion of deliverables within the UK-based Investment Stewardship team.
- Analyses and conducts research on portfolio companies and specific proposals, utilising company engagements and disclosures, communication with portfolio managers, third-party research and industry information.
- Reviews and confirms proxy voting recommendations of less experienced analysts for moderately complex shareholder and company proposals.
- Provides coaching and feedback to less experienced analysts on the engagement preparation materials, general governance topics, and the application of voting guidelines.
- Leads projects within the global Investment Stewardship team with colleagues, including developing ideas for new projects and initiatives to improve voting outcomes, reduce risk or increase operational efficiency.
- Effectively communicates ideas and recommendations to senior company officials.
- Establishes strong working relationships with business partners.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Pursuit of certification (such as CFA or MBA) or advanced degree preferred.
- Between three and five years of business experience.
- Strong communication and analytical skills able to liaise with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Strong investment and business acumen with a demonstrated interest in investment stewardship.
- Excellent work ethic with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, and fast paced environment.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills. “
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com