Investment Specialist, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. Primary Purpose of the Position
The primary purpose of the Investment Specialist role is to provide leverage to the investment organization by sharing T. Rowe Price's investment insights primarily within an assigned asset class or an area of subject matter expertise to institutional and intermediary prospects, clients, and consultants. As a member of the investment organization, the primary role is to provide a broader investment viewpoint to allow for clients to make more well-informed investment decisions and for more consultative conversations between the relationship management team and their clients.
The Investment Specialist, ESG will partner with the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams to understand our approach to ESG and how it is embedded into the investment process. They will be a subject matter expert on broader ESG topics such as the Paris Accord, carbon footprint analysis, human rights etc. They will also be aware of, and have an understanding of, the regulatory landscape. Developing content and sharing insights into ESG topics for both internal and external clients is a key requirement.
The individual will be able to engage with clients in discussions about our ESG integration philosophy and approach as well as ESG topics more broadly. T Rowe Price embeds ESG into its investment process across a range of strategies and also has a growing range of socially responsible and impact strategies. The Investment Specialist will not have responsibility for representing these strategies but will have a working knowledge of the different approaches. The Investment Specialist will spend the majority of their time (between 40-60%) traveling in the field and at conferences with the relationship management teams, supporting T. Rowe Price's positioning in the market and ongoing sales and client retention efforts. Principal Responsibilities
- Maintain broad knowledge of Responsible Investing, Corporate Governance and ESG topics by attending relevant investment meetings. Maintain a high-level understanding of how ESG is embedded across investment divisions by attending investment meetings and leveraging the insights of the Investment Specialist Group (ISG).
- Create content and proactively push out to the field sales teams on a frequent basis to position those teams to have informed discussions on ESG-related news with their end clients.
- Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with sales and client service professionals on a global basis. The role serves as an extension of the Responsible Investing and the Corporate Governance team and will also partner with ISG to share insights with clients. Meeting types may vary to include one-to-one meetings as well as larger group presentations of 50 or more.
- A heavy travel schedule will exist. One can expect 40-60% of their time on the road supporting our distribution partners.
- Provide education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the investment management industry if required.
- Relevant experience from the buy-side can include portfolio management, investment research, portfolio analysis, investment consulting, or institutional client service.
- Must be an ESG subject matter expert with broad investment and market knowledge.
- MBA and/or CFA highly desired (or highly tenured investment individual).
- Must be willing to travel globally.
- Must have a passion for the investment business with a deep understanding of investment concepts and have a strong working knowledge of investment strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated track record of success in effectively communicating complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with ability to interact well with investment professionals (internal and external), sales and client service professionals, and institutional and intermediary clients and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a collegial, but fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who possess a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving competitive results.
- Leadership skills
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.