Investment Services Platform Manager - Trading
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Investment Services Platform Manager - Trading to provide Aladdin support, business analysis, incident/problem management, project management, process/workflow, and potential Line management responsibility for other ISPT members
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Investment Services Platform Team reports to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the Investment teams and other groups operating on the investment platform. Investment Services Platform Team works with teams across Schroders to support both business-as-usual operations and change. Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is a critical part of the investment platform. Ensuring effective communication with and governance of the relationship with BRS is a central responsibility of the Investment Services Platform team.
What you'll do
• Partner with key stakeholders across global trading desks and act as key point of contact
• Own all Aladdin and trading platform related incidents related to dealing through to successful resolution
• Coordinate with BRS and trading platform vendors to deliver efficient solutions for the dealing function
• To provide 2nd line support to dealing team globally with focus in EMEA region
• Be the escalation point to BRS and trading platform vendors where technical assistance is required
• To reduce incidents by working with BRS to improve their quality control and functional capabilities
• Identify potential efficiencies and best practice opportunities within Aladdin
• Assist in and deliver the change initiatives by working with dealers and other Schroders business functions
• Transitions new applications/ modules and services into the production support environment
• Coordinate with Schroders Global Technology teams on front to back incidents to successful resolution
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience working in an asset manager or similar organisation, with strong knowledge of Order & Execution Management Systems and Electronic Trading Platforms is mandatory
• Knowledge of BlackRock Aladdin Solution is preferred
• Experience of working with internal and external third party trading platform vendors to ensure business requirements are delivered within agreed timescales
• Good technical dealing platform knowledge and ability to bridge the communications between third party vendors, IT and the business
• Good understanding of fund management business and front office dealing workflow
• Experience working within a front office environment in an asset management firm is preferred
• Familiarity with broad range of investment products and instruments
• Familiarity with the dealing lifecycle of Equity, Fixed Income and OTC derivatives instruments is preferred
• Problem solving ability within a complex investment management environment
• Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements
• Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard
• Ability to document process using formal methodology such as BPMN
• Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
• Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing
• Good inter-personal and organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to operate under pressure, multi-tasking and deliver to demanding deadlines
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.