My client, a prestigious global Asset Manager, are looking for a passionate individual with experience in the Wealth Management sector to join their investment risk team in London.
This is a new hire for an individual to focus purely on the investment risk being run within the Wealth Management business, which is a leading provider of personalised wealth management services to private clients, family offices, trusts, companies and pension plans.
The Investment Risk function provides independent oversight and challenge on the appropriateness of the controls and the portfolio exposures in the context of the portfolio's objectives and the prevailing market and regulatory environment.
In this role, you will:
- Quantify, analyse and challenge the investment risks and investment performance within the Wealth Management business.
- Provide oversight of the first line investment managers, ensuring that risk controls and risk monitoring are fit for purpose, and that issues identified are resolved / escalated in a timely manner.
- Assess the overall investment risk Framework for Wealth Management and contributing to its evolution and enhancement.
- Provide MI reporting, recommendations and escalations to the Head of Investment Risk, the business CIO, and other committees / boards as appropriate.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and thematic reviews across portfolios and strategies to identify emerging risks and sensitivities to forecast or potential market developments
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree.
- Experience working in a Wealth Management setting, including the analysis of the risk and performance of portfolios, particularly those involving allocation to multiple external investment managers.
- An understanding of various asset classes (Fixed Income, Equities, alternatives etc).
- An understanding of the measures and techniques for assessing the investment risk of portfolios, both on an absolute and benchmark relative basis.
My client is an equal opportunities employer and will welcome you whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.