Investment Portfolio Strategist, Client Portfolio Solutions
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Portfolio Solutions
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions – Americas, EMEA and APAC – with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience.
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a whole-portfolio basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin’s industry-leading analytics, we are committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Client CIO - Pensions portfolio strategy team designs, implements, and oversees portfolio construction and asset allocation expertise to solve our client’s investment challenges. The team covers Outsourced CIO solutions as well as bespoke investment mandates oriented around client outcomes for pension schemes. Rooted in BlackRock’s longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the team collaborates with stakeholders around the firm to deliver high quality outcome-oriented investment solutions for our clients.
What you will be doing
- Whilst your primary focus will be on our UK book of pension scheme clients, (covering both existing Outsourced CIO/fiduciary clients as well as helping drive our business development efforts), you will be expected to contribute to EMEA wide client and investment initiatives.
- Primary interface for an existing book of mainly UK clients, including liaising with internal stakeholders and the lead client representatives
- Working with pension scheme trustees / corporates in an advisory and portfolio construction capacity;
- Performing analyses on a broad range of topics, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, liability driven investing, risk management and implementation best practices;
- Engaging with pension scheme trustees / corporates to understand their unique circumstances, investment objectives and constraints and applying portfolio and risk analytics to support investment decisions and portfolio outcomes;
- Supporting business development efforts through RFP responses and creation of presentation material, as well as attendance at due diligence meetings and new business pitches
- Attend client meetings with lead account managers to provide portfolio advice, analysis and reviews
- Supporting ad hoc research and contribute to articles and white papers on relevant topics of interest;
- Be directly involved in the execution and delivery of many high-profile client projects.
We are looking for people who are:
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Open: You value and respect input from others
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
What you should have
- Minimum of 5 years of financial services or asset management experience;
- Good understanding of financial markets, the UK pension fund market, asset allocation, LDI and derivatives;
- FIA, CFA and/or CAIA encouraged but not required;
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership;
- A genuine inclination for quantitative analysis and the ability to work through complex challenges to provide innovative insights;
- Intellectual curiosity and compulsion to probe deeply into research topics;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex topics to non-technical individuals in writing as well as verbally;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Desire to help build a business and willingness to be involved in all aspects of business growth initiatives;
- Ability to work well within a team structure in a fast-paced, hard-working environment;
- High level of integrity to become a trusted partner to clients and peers;
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
What you must be
- Highly professional, organized and committed to excellence;
- Curious to challenge the status quo, as well as the quality and accuracy of information;
- Able to manage various projects simultaneously through strong organization skills, remain calm under pressure;
- A fiduciary, maintaining integrity in every aspect of performance;
- Self-motivated, driving projects forward with little supervision;
- Able to build trusting relationships quickly;
- A clear communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation ski
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.