Investment Operations Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- EdenTree Investment Management
- 13 Sep 17
We are currently recruiting for an Investment Operations Associate to act as the operational and middle office function of a £2.5bln investment management company, covering retail OEICs and institutional client mandates. To be considered for this role candidates must have experience of SunGard InvestOne and or Eagle PACE.
EdenTree is an investment management firm with a strong heritage of delivering “Profit with Principles”. We provide an award-winning fund range and our business strategy is to be the investment manager of choice for our customers and the ‘Best Ethical Investment Provider’. Our investment team has some of the longest continuous track records of any in the City and we believe that consistent, long-term returns are more likely to be achieved by investing responsibly in sustainable businesses. Our values are strongly focused on delivering great service for customers; an engaged, rewarding workplace for our people; and to be seen as a force for good in the wider business community and society.
To be considered for this role, candidates MUST have good working knowledge of SunGard InvestOne and/or Eagle PACE. We also require at least 2+ years of experience in a similar role either from asset servicing background or smaller investment management firm where they have had broad middle office experience.
Day to day activities include: cash reconciliation and management, managing the trade lifecycle process from broker confirmation to trade settlement, processing of corporate actions, managing the e-mail query pipeline of the operations inbox, supporting the fund management desk, oversight of the out-sourced TPA relationship and collaborating with our global custodians.
Trade / Settlement: To manage the trade lifecycle process using the Omgeo CTM system, from broker confirmation through to settlement, ensuring accurate and timely settlement of trades. Supporting the Fund Management desk with trade input related queries.
Reconciliations: Daily reconciliation of cash positions to our global custodians, ensuring timely and accurate receipt of interest & dividends, settlement of trades, processing income repatriation transactions, identifying tax anomalies, identification of overdrafts & verifying all transactions on a daily basis.
Valuation / Pricing: To manage the valuation and pricing processes including: ensuring the integrity and accuracy of valuation & pricing data & of security master data through reconciliation with custodians, TPAs and market data vendors. ) ability to research asset information with data vendors to ensure accurate security data ; communicating with data & valuation vendors, brokers, etc. to obtain information regarding assets and implementing Fund Manager instructions.
- Processing corporate actions in line with agreed policy;
- Managing proxy voting: including lodging AGM/ EGM proxy votes on behalf of EIM portfolios in accordance with instructions and liaising with custodian and third party provider (Broadridge) when required.
Client Reporting: Managing the delivery of client reporting; ability to design, develop and control client reporting function using Microsoft Office.
Producing periodic Board Papers, monthly client reporting, QIR (quarterly investment reviews), short reports, factsheets and supporting the RFP process.
- To facilitate the opening of new broker accounts and new markets, managing fund accounting; performing cash and asset reconciliations; daily oversight checks of reporting produced by our TPA;
- To process transactions in non-standard securities such as Derivatives, Property and other instruments, ensuring accurate reporting of transactions in InvestOne together with maintenance and monitoring and valuation of positions;
- To liaise as required with third party administrators, custodians, fund managers, clients and sales teams, to resolve any issues;
- To manage the tax reclaim process providing required documentation to custodians to avail of DTT rates;
- Projects – systems implementation and managing process change;
- To actively seek methods and means of innovating, automating and improving processes to improve efficiencies; and
- To assist with the wider Finance and Operations team where necessary.
Necessary Skills / Experience
- Numerate and analytical skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of excel and VBA to include: automation of processes, data extraction and report writing skills.
- Good understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Active interest in Financial Services / Asset Management;
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) qualified – IMC desired
- Experience within Finance / Accounting and/or Financial Services - desired
Things of importance:
- We require at least 2+ years of experience in a similar role either from asset servicing background or smaller investment management firm where they have had broad middle office experience;
- It is critical they have good systems skillset, including good working knowledge of Sungard InvestOne; Charles River; Omgeo CTM & Alert, Bloomberg, InvestOne .. ;
- Also critical they have very advanced excel skills with VBA
- Project experience in terms of systems implementation and working with BA’s also an advantage.