Investment Manager, Venture Capital Family Office, London, UK
We are working with a fantastic Venture Capital fund investing broadly within the Smart Built Environment. Investment focus is tech led innovation (IoT, AI, AR/ VR and automation software) in the areas of smart buildings, cities, construction tech, ESG, automation and logistics. They are looking for an Investment Manager for the team in London. This is an exceptional opportunity to join and play a crucial role in this ambitious, growing VC.
Whilst being an independent VC, they come under the umbrella of a larger group which also includes a real estate asset manager and can serve as an excellent distribution channel. This combination of four decades of real estate investment experience alongside hands-on experience in investing and operating in the technology space, stands our client in an excellent position to work with exceptional entrepreneurs.
They typically invest £250k - £1m at seed stages and £1-3m at series A. Having made over 10 investments within this space, they are currently raising their maiden fund. This being the reason for the hire, it is an incredible opportunity to join a fund who will be actively investing before the close of the fund and be a core member as it expands further. It is an impressive, entrepreneurial team, and you will have great responsibilities from day one. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution on investments end-to-end from initial screening through due diligence and closing
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment, attending board meetings and making follow on investments
- Assist with sourcing new deal flow and building your network within the start-up space
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments
- Support and be a part of raising the fund
- Early stage investment experience within a Venture Capital fund is essential.
- Experience investing in deep tech and / or smart build environments is a plus
- First rate education from a top tier institution
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and innovation.
- Technology/ data science experience or background a plus
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, and commercial acumen
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- A demonstrable passion for early stage investing and technology
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity, resilience, initiative and team-orientation
- A sense of fun