Investment Manager, Impact Seed Fund, London, UK
We are working with a seed-stage social impact fund. They invest broadly in firms developing digital technologies for skills needed for work. 54% of employees across the globe will need reskilling by 2022 and, as such, this is a huge opportunity to tap into exciting and fast growing companies.
They typically co-invest, at seed stage with equity cheques of between £150,000 and £250,000. They have so far deployed only £300,000 of a £10,000,000 fund launched in 2019 so it is a fantastic time to join where there is significant dry powder to deploy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as an Investment Manager, working alongside the Investment Director, to deploy this fund. This is a Remote Working role, Home-based with regular travel for internal and external meetings. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the investment team in all aspects of potential and active investments
- Identify and source investment opportunities
- Assist on the execution process, including structuring, participation in management meetings and due diligence
- Support in monitoring of portfolio companies and helping them grow
- Strongly motivated and a true passion for social impact investing
- Able to analyse and assess seed stage ventures (users and impact, market, product and technology, commercial, financial, team), form investment hypotheses and identify key risks
- Highly numerically literate
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivating and able to deploy effective process and project management