Investment Manager - UK Real Estate
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
You will be responsible for growing the UK Real Estate business you will form an integral part of the Investment / Fund Management team across a number of UK Real Estate funds.
You will provide real estate investment and fund management expertise which delivers performance to the investors in those funds. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time...
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of relevant fund philosophies and strategies (including investment restrictions)
- Source, analyse and secure Real Estate assets which contribute to fund outperformance
- Undertake pre-acquisition / pre-contract due diligence including surveys, financial appraisals and oversight of the legal due diligence process through to completion
- Co-ordinate and drive the conveyancing process for Fund transactions, exercising sound judgement in this core function
- Undertake risk and performance analysis and projections at the individual property and portfolio levels
- Contribute to the collective market intelligence through the accumulation, origination, interpretation and presentation of relevant research
- Present a positive and proactive market-facing profile
- Support the Fund Managers in the compilation of reports, presentations and market commentaries
- Contribute to internal groupings including weekly Investment meetings and monthly Business Update meetings.
At all times you will operate in accordance with the Company's well-defined governance, compliance, risk and control environment. It will be expected that you have full awareness and understanding of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, including the current Risk Dashboard for the Real Estate business and escalate issues appropriately. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have...
An excellent understanding of the UK Commercial Real Estate Market and be MRICS qualified with demonstrable PQE. You will be a capable deal originator with strong analytical skills.
You will have experience of independently conveyancing property acquisitions and disposals and all related due diligence along with strong attention to detail and sound judgement.
Due to the nature of the role it is imperative you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to contribute to strategic fund management discussions. Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great...
About Our Company What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers....
- Advanced user of Argus Valuation Software and/or Excel.
- Experience of long lease deal structuring and origination would be beneficial but not essential
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.