Investment Manager - Central London Office Specialist
Who we're looking for
Schroders Capital Real Estate is seeking a Central London Office specialist investment manager. The role is for a post qualification Chartered Surveyor with investment and/or asset management experience in the Central London real estate market. You will be directly responsible for a portfolio of Central London real estate, ranging from large complex developments to asset managing multi-let office buildings. You will also either directly execute or provide assistance on investment transactions and is to be able to source, analyse and perform all due diligence across Central London
About Schroders Capital Real Estate
Our Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders Capital, the private market investment division of Schroders, and constitutes an important focus of the Group's strategy for expansion.
Schroders Capital is one of Europe's largest real estate managers with deep real estate expertise on the ground across real estate sectors. Investment strategies are offered in a broad range of open and closed ended funds, listed REITS, specialist funds, joint ventures, separate accounts and real estate debt.
The Real Estate team is highly experienced in real estate fund management, research, acquisitions, asset management and strategy and is comprised of over 200 people operating from offices across the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and North America.
Our investment philosophy is centred on consistent themes including investing in strong fundamentals, actively managing portfolios and delivering positive environmental and social impact. We adopt a research-driven and market-focused investment approach. Our dedicated Real Estate Research team identifies those sectors, cities and real estate characteristics expected to outperform, ensuring portfolios can benefit from structural change.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. We also have a growing office in Manchester where 7 UK real estate staff are based.
What you'll do
• Be directly responsible for a portfolio of Central London properties ranging from large complex developments to single and multi-let offices - set the strategy, produce and execute business plans including identifying and implementing value-add initiatives, reporting to fund manager and/or client
• Either directly execute or provide assistance on investment transactions and is to be able to source, analyse and perform all due diligence across Central London
• Be responsible for asset management including managing tenant relations, lettings and lease events, managing DMs or project teams on developments/refurbishments, and overseeing property managers
• Be confident and clear in conveying their recommendations and rationale to the Makoto Fukui and/or the relevant fund manager as well as the SCRE investment committee
• Also support Makoto Fukui and/or the wider team in new business development activities; and
• Be supported by both their line manager, fund manager and the wider teams including the research, finance, legal and management teams, other sector specialist invest managers, and graduate analysts
• Be responsible for managing a number of direct line reports
• Be responsible for building strong relationships with external consultants, agents and tenants in order to support asset management initiatives
• Support Schroder's "Real Estate with Impact" approach to sustainable investing, that seeks to promote a fair, environmentally and socially conscious low-carbon transition, that also supports social, as well as economic and physical resilience, and ultimately sustainable communities and economies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrable and competent real estate investment and/or asset management experience in either a leading real estate, agency/consultancy team, or investment/asset management team
• Possess a good network of industry contacts and well respected/liked amongst peers
• Is a self starter and happy to be hands on with good attention to detail
• Competent working on investment models with excel and Argus and preparing powerpoint or word presentations and reports, and to present them internally and/or to client investors
• Is to be confident and clear in conveying their market views, investment strategies, and investment recommendations and rationales
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor
• Good industry contacts
• Good knowledge across the UK industrial and logistics markets
What you'll be like
• Presentable, bright, and analytical professional with a high standard of personal integrity
• Good communicator
• Curious and ambitious
• A team player, with a strong work ethic and commitment to the role, with an ability to perform under pressure
• Capable manager wanting to develop high performing teams
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.