Investment Management Division, Private Wealth Management, Cross Markets Team, FX Associate / VP, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, experience working closely with traders and portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? The Cross Markets Team within the Markets Solutions Group ("MSG") is comprised of product specialists who provide investment ideas and trade execution in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodity markets. The team is currently seeking a cross-asset investment professional with experience in FX markets to deliver the full suite of FICC capabilities to Private Wealth Management ("PWM") clientele. The professional will have primary responsibility for structuring, pricing and trading of FX derivatives, while also working with the team on broader FICC client coverage.
With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, the Markets Solutions Group offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers. The broader team also develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build on your knowledge and experience as an FX expert within a cross asset team
- Identify market opportunities for PWM clients across the range of FX and FICC products, and provide fast and timely execution
- Develop and recommend investment ideas based upon client's investment objectives, portfolio risks, relevant market exposures and relative value considerations
- Educate internal stakeholders on FX and macro markets
- Selective direct client coverage
- Work closely with our New York and Hong Kong teams to ensure ideas reach the PWM franchise globally
- Structure, price, and execute cross-asset OTC derivative implementations for clients
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in FICC products and transactions across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, p referably in an institutional FX sales/trading role, cross asset sales team, or a private wealth markets professional / family officer
- Experience in FX derivatives. Other FICC derivatives experience is a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to discuss macro markets, cross-sell into other FICC asset classes, and cover sophisticated FO clients
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong risk management mind-set with the ability to identify potential issues and propose thoughtful and appropriate solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.