Investment Data Specialist
Who we're looking for
The successful candidate will join the Schroders Investment Data Team, within the Investment Operations function to gain experience in several areas of data, mainly within the operational onboarding space. The Investment Data Group at Schroders provides operational support to the investment management business of Schroders.
The role is based in London and may be performed remotely in line with the government's advice on Covid-19 and Schroders' guidance from time to time. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The Team
Investment Data Services department is a key hub within Schroders Investment Services functions providing Schroders client base a range of investment data services including data model, data structure, data quality assurance and Management Information. Services are provided directly to internal clients primarily in Investment, Distribution, Operations and Compliance divisions within the firm.
Working within the EMEA Investment Data Services team based in London, an exciting opportunity has been created to support and progress the provision of high quality Investment Data Services to Global Investment teams. What you'll do
• Perform day-to-day activities of Investment data services with a primary focus on Mandate structure in Schroders and 3rd party platform
• Work on central data items such as Mandate, Investment Desk, Fund Manager, Benchmark and Risk data
• Help improve data quality of key data attributes by creating and maintaining Alteryx/Tableau reports
• Contribute to IDG projects to help improve the end to end efficiency of new mandate onboarding activates
• Data stewardship role of relevant investment data items. Investment model creation and maintenance, Security classification
• Assisting internal Schroder teams including Portfolio compliance, Investment, Transitions, Risk, onboarding and Legal teams
• Help improve the data control environment within Schroder to ensure best practices are followed
• Handle ad-hoc duties when required The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience or good understanding of Investment Operations in Asset within Asset management front or middle office functions
• Knowledge of Benchmark Indices would be an advantage
• Strong teamwork attitude. Be part of a Global team driving and managing dynamic changes to achieve common goals
• Effective communication skills, verbal, written, and presentational
• Proactive and responsible
• Experience of using Alteryx and Tableau desirable
• Skilled at using MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.