Investment Data Specialist
Who we're looking for
The successful candidate will join the Schroders Investment Data Team, within the Investment Operations function to gain experience in several areas of data, mainly within the Risk Analytics space.
The Investment Data Group at Schroders provides operational support to the investment management business of Schroders.
The role is based in London and may be performed remotely in line with the government's advice on Covid-19 and Schroders' guidance from time to time. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The Team
Investment Data Services department is a key hub within Schroders Investment Services functions providing Schroders client base a range of investment data services including data model, analytics, data quality assurance and Management Information. Services are provided directly to internal clients primarily in Investment, Distribution, Operations and Compliance divisions within the firm.
Working within the EMEA Investment Data Services team based in London, an exciting opportunity has been created to support and progress the provision of high quality Investment Data to Global Investment teams.
The team also focuses on data stewardship of risk and attribution analysis, to assist the global investment risk and client reporting teams provide accurate and high quality reports for external and internal reporting. What you'll do
• Perform day-to-day quality control of Investment data with a primary focus on risk and attribution data on Schroders and 3rd party platform
• Work on central data items such as analytics, lookthrough data, benchmarks and mandates
• Help improve data quality of key data sets by creating and maintaining Alteryx/Tableau reports
• Take part in weekly meetings to discuss analytics issues and enhancements with multiple teams
• Data stewardship role of relevant investment data items, with a focus on the Risk and analytics platform, lookthrough portfolio creation and maintenance
• Assisting internal Schroder team including Portfolio compliance, Investment, Transitions, Investment Risk and Onboarding
• Help improve the data control environment within Schroder to ensure best practices are followed
• Handle ad-hoc duties when required The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Some experience or good understanding of Investment Operations in within Asset management front or middle office functions
• Knowledge of Benchmark Indices would be an advantage
• Strong teamwork attitude. Be part of a Global team driving and managing dynamic changes to achieve common goals
• Effective communication skills, verbal, written, and presentational The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Proactive and responsible
• Experience of using Alteryx and Tableau desirable
• Good understanding of using SQL
• Skilled at using MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.