Investment Companies Research Analyst
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company. Position
You will work with an Extel #1 rated investment companies equity research analyst, who currently covers c.45 investment companies, predominately focused on alternative assets (private equity, hedge funds, infrastructure, renewables, credit, aircraft leasing).
Your role includes to help to maintain and develop stock coverage, producing in depth research notes and developing a weekly research product. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Background:
- To support the lead analyst while also developing client contact. The role offers a lot of scope to develop own coverage and potentially expand into new investment company sub-sectors over time, but this is flexible based on the level of experience of the successful applicant;
- To continue to develop writing, modelling and marketing skills. Also, to collaborate with the investment companies sales and trading desk;
- Providing sector and stock coverage, maintaining up to date models and data collection;
- Writing timely, actionable stock research on coverage universe; and
- Assisting the broader team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements.
- A solid record of academic achievement, excellent communication skills, demonstrated success in current career path, and the drive and determination to excel are key;
- You will have proven experience, and this could be an opportunity for a current analyst to expand roles and responsibilities or provide a platform for someone with the relevant skillset considering equity research as a career change;
- Relevant sector experience is not a prerequisite but enthusiasm for investment companies is paramount;
- Prior experience in equity markets is not a pre-requisite, and
- Competence with Microsoft Excel is essential with knowledge of VBA also advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis, modelling and valuations from a bulge bracket bank or leading M&A boutique is preferred but not essential as there will be on the job training; and
- CFA qualification, or studying towards this qualification, is desired and advantageous.