Investment Banking Operations Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Can you come up with creative and innovative solutions to complex problems? Are you interested in a role that involves structuring and executing large high profile transactions across a number of product lines? This will involve working very closely with both Revenue, Federation Divisions, external parties and clients and will lead to a broad and detailed understanding of Operational processes across the firm and the street.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
Investment Banking Operations support the Financing Originations Teams and Desks within IBD.
The role of a Syndicate Analyst is to help co-ordinate and execute IBD transaction as well as support the Syndicate Execution Desks and encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Provide Operational support to the London Syndicate Desks and Financing Teams to help structure equity/debt/bank loan New Issuance and to ensure accurate deal structure, set-up, trade flows and settlement
- Involves extensive close contact with IBD, ECM, DCM, Trading, Sales, Other Operations groups, Legal, Compliance, Financial Controllers and external brokers/counterparties and clearing systems (e.g. Euroclear)
- Set up transactions in the market and draft closing documentation for GS-led new issues
- Liaise with Common Depositaries, Clearing Houses, GS Legal to ensure transactions close successfully
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work on often high profile Corporate Transactions such as IPO's, Rights Issues and Debt Issuances. Help project manage the transaction often before it's in the public domains.
- Working with a large number of internal and external organisations you will obtain a broad understanding of Stock Exchange and Middle Office, Funding and Settlement processes as well as the ability to manage large transactions across multiple teams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- A good understanding of Equity or Fixed Income Middle Office or Settlement Operations would be helpful but is not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will often be required to host conference calls or meetings and help organise deals with banking colleagues, external lawyers and other third parties
- The successful candidate needs the ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- A broad understanding of operational functions and their influence on the lifecycle of a trade would be beneficial
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through. Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across different levels, functions and regions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.