Investment Banking Associate - Healthcare - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 15 Apr 19
A global top-tier investment bank is seeking an early stage Associate to join their Healthcare team. Previous deal experience in Healthcare and a keen interest in exploring the sector is required. Candidates should come from a pure IBD background with M&A and broader advisory experience. Analyst's can be considered also.
Entity: Investment Banking
Location: London, UK
We are the Healthcare team of a top-rated global investment bank. The team itself has a particular dominance internally in the bank and accounts for a substantial percentage of their revenue.
The associate would join the Healthcare group in London, providing support across all sub-sectors in the origination and execution of ‘event-driven’ transactions; primarily mergers and acquisitions but also equity capital markets transactions, financing and debt advisory.
The associate would be delivering Healthcare sector expertise, mainly focussing on the Pharma, MedTech and Services industries across all product areas, but with a particular focus on M&A over financing.
- Creating marketing materials: Engaged in creating investment banking marketing materials such as pitch books, responses to requests for proposals and teaser documents
- Financial modelling and analysis: Development of financial models (including DCF, LBO and Merger model) to assess potential transactions. Including the evaluation of financial statements, valuation and credit metrics
- Sector and product research: develop deep understanding of applicable sectors and products through performing detailed company and industry analysis such as benchmarking, profiling credit analysis and investment highlights. The Associate will need to keep abreast of latest happenings in the sector tracked and ensure the relevant stakeholders are informed about the same through performance summaries, news runs and idea generation
- Support in execution of mandated transactions: Support the team in preparing NDAs, mandate letters, Prospectus, Information memorandums, due diligence, loan returns analysis and credit memos
- Understanding group strategy: Understand the banks strategy as a global universal bank and its client centric approach. This will include knowledge of how the business is structured and organized, engages effectively with colleagues across businesses and products and works collaboratively in a global context
- Ability to multi-task: Proactively discuss with project team to understand the background comprehensively and prioritises and schedule time effectively
- Training and development: The Associate will be responsible for supervising the Analysts and Graduates to ensure their ongoing development
- 3+ years’ experience in IBD (ideally M&A) with some deal experience in Healthcare sector
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proficiency in building financial models from scratch including operational model, accounting, debt facilities, credit metrics and valuation analysis. VBA or other programming experience preferred but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and market data services (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Factiva, Datastream, etc.)
- A strong understanding of the financial markets, including an understanding of the bank and its products
- High levels of motivation and strong work ethic underpinned by an interest and passion for the sector
- Strong organisational and project management skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to digest and convey complex information in an understandable and succinct story to broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding and ability to model different valuation methodologies including IRR, FCFE, DCF and Comparables
- Good understanding of the differences in processes between buy side, sell side, public mergers and public acquisitions
Key skills: M&A / ECM / Advisory / Healthcare / Investment Banking / Debt Financing / Associate / M&A / ECM / Advisory / Healthcare / Investment Banking / Debt Financing / Associate / M&A / ECM / Advisory / Healthcare / Investment Banking / Debt Financing / Associate