Investment Banking - Transaction Banking Operations - Client Services and Transaction Services - Associate - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Transaction Banking Operations is part of Transaction Banking within the Investment Banking Division. We are responsible for building, developing and supporting Goldman Sachs' Transaction Banking offering that is delivering a range of Transaction Banking products to our corporate client base. Transaction Banking Operations provide essential client service, risk management and controls architecture to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking to recruit an individual to work in our London Transaction Banking Operations Team, supporting the multiple product offerings that we have or are in the process of rolling out for the UK Branch. These will include our Deposit Account, Global Payments (FX) offering, and DDA / Virtual accounts. The candidate will have prior experience supporting Transaction Banking Payment Services, Client Services or of FX Transaction Flows with a strong focus on risk management coupled with a desire to deliver service excellence within a new, evolving team.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in building our next generation capabilities in the Transaction Banking and payments space by working alongside the business and development teams to interpret and implement requirements.
You will be a key member to our London team, supporting Transaction Banking as we deliver these new businesses to our clients. This will involve helping to support Transaction Banking business and clients and manage exceptions within their daily payment flow whilst targeting an automated, best-in-class service as we implement and support newly launched products and services.
Transaction Banking Operations is focussed on building and delivering our brand new Transaction Banking businesses and supporting the suite of new Transaction Banking Services we are offering clients, whilst adapting to the rapidly changing payment landscape.
Our organisation is the first line of defence for control and governance to protect both clients' and the firm's financial assets; and to provide a differentiated, best- in-class client service. Transactions Banking Operations Services is a growing sub-division, with regional presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London and New York. All our offices work closely together as a single global team in support of our Transaction Banking business. As this business expands we will look to increase our global footprint from both a team size and location perspective.
We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around client service (client on-boarding, first line client support), transaction support (FX Payment, Escrow, Money Market and Term Deposits), cash management (including: payment controls, bank account management, virtual account management, cash concentration, payment formatting /settlement, reconciliation and claims), regulatory requirements, industry trends and change management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We have a role within our Transaction Banking Servicing Organisation in the Client Service team with focus on client service and implementation.
- Work as part of a Global Transaction Banking Operations team to deliver client service excellence as we build, launch, deliver and evolve a suite of new Transaction Banking products for our Corporate Clients.
- Be solution orientated as we roll out a significant program of new and enhanced functionality in support of our offering.
- Support our new Transaction Servicing functions globally and help establish, develop, monitor and manage the control architecture that allows us to deliver this growing suite of Transaction Banking Services.
- Understand and support the FX Payment Flows and liquidity sourcing that are a key component in delivering our Global Payment offering to our clients. Learn and implement best practice to enable efficient movement of International Payments and the flows, payment schemes and the processes surrounding them.
- Work with internal teams, strategic partners and clients to manage payment risk payment investigation and repair functions, and firm/customer funding flows also work with the business and technology to resolve exceptions / issues and FX unwinds
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree with 3.5+ years of professional and relevant experience
- Detailed Understanding of either the FX Payments or of International Payment Servicing, Transaction Banking Account Management, Client Onboarding or a Transaction Banking Client Service profile
- Experience in delivering client service excellence
- Proficient in self-directed function management with a focus on risk management and client support
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience of FX, Transaction Banking Client or Payment Servicing preferred
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to oversee processes and potentially people
- Desire to enhance and improve processes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity