See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs.
Morgan Stanley applies its global network, extensive experience in dealing with local jurisdictions throughout Europe as well as in-depth knowledge of its comprehensive banking products suite to meet our Clients' short- and long-term strategic objectives. The Team
The European Business Services team covers a wide range of sectors including testing, inspection and certification (TIC); facilities management; catering; business process outsourcing (BPO); distribution; security; and consulting / staffing, for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Within the European Investment Banking Division, the Business Services team works with relevant regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, corporate restructurings, recapitalisations, demergers, leveraged buyouts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions. Responsibilities
The role will focus on driving, leading and executing prominent transactions; ensuring cooperation among key stakeholders within the Firm to deliver highest quality of service to the Firm’s clients. There will also be business development assignments involving interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at our corporate and international clients. Responsibilities will also include:
• Creating and analysing financial models with a high degree of granularity
• Performing financial, strategic and transaction structuring analyses
• Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for a wider audience both internally within the firm as well as externally
• Day-to-day deal execution and project management
• Supporting the senior bankers in marketing the firm’s services
• Regular interaction with senior team members and client management teams
• Participation in client meetings on both execution and business development projects and active contribution to presentation during the meetings
• Providing support, mentorship and supervision to junior team members Qualifications: Qualifications
• Top class Master’s degree or overseas equivalent in or related to finance from a leading university
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Familiarity with the sector and corporate landscape is desirable but not necessary
• Fluent in English
• Strong analytical and modelling skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.