Investment Associate, Leading Alternatives Investor, London, UK
Our client is one of Europe's leading alternative asset management firms. They are prominent investors in a range of credit strategies (high-yield, structured, special opportunities and direct lending) as well as Private Equity (Co-Investments, Primaries and Secondaries).
Their Private Equity division was established a little over a year ago and has quickly grown to contain 6 dedicated investment professionals. They are currently in the middle of deploying their first fund and are already building an excellent track-record. The team focuses on European mid-market opportunities, is completely sector generalist and run a highly-technical GP-style investment process.
They require an Associate with a well-developed technical skillset and a specific & demonstrable interest in the LP space. Whilst the core skillset of the role is company valuation you will also need to be comfortable analysing GPs for fund investments, building relationships within the market and executing structurally complex transactions in the secondaries space.
The team is made up of 3 partners and 3 junior investment professionals and you will work directly with senior members on all aspects of the deal process. This will offer un-paralleled exposure to hugely-successful investors and gives you the chance to build your PE skillset very quickly.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing and high-calibre team with strong access to a large variety of deal-types. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You'll play an integral role in the evaluation and execution of direct, primary and secondary investment opportunities
- Assist in all aspects of the transaction process, particularly financial modelling and conducting due diligence
- Work with seniors to prepare material for the investment committee approval process
- Strong academic track record
- Strong valuations and modelling experience from private equity, investment banking or big four professional services
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrating interest in alternative investments.
- Fluency in either French or German is highly desirable