As a member of the commercial team he/she will have the opportunity to become involved across a variety of transactions in the oil & gas sector, including but not limited to: structuring new oil prepayments and production sharing contracts in various geographies, developing, building and marketing infrastructure projects across the oil & gas value chain and managing the existing portfolio of assets.
As a member of the commercial team, you will typically work on a variety of transactions and take on significant responsibility for delivering specific elements. He/she will have the opportunity to become involved across a variety of transactions in the oil & gas sector, including but not limited to: structuring new oil prepayments and production sharing contracts in various geographies, developing, building and marketing infrastructure projects across the oil & gas value chain and managing the existing portfolio of assets.
As a member of the team you may also gain exposure to variety of non-oil & gas assets, as part of the alternative asset portfolio. This team is mandated with investing in new businesses for this portfolio on an opportunistic basis, however this is not the core focus of the role.
You will report directly to one of the managing directors and will be expected to directly support them on any live transactions. This will include (but not limited to) building and maintaining financial models, running ad-hoc sensitivity and returns analysis, maintaining and tracking key milestones on a project, liaising with in- house and external legal counsel. You will be expected to be on top of all legal documents and maintain formal minutes for all key meetings. You may be expected to represent the firm as a Board member on an investee companies and help drive the growth agenda.
Compensation & Location
Competitive salary based full-time in Monaco or London (with extensive travel to Monaco) Some travelling expected to other regions.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4-5 years’ experience in a relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance / M&A) experience required
- Prior experience is one of the big European Investment banks, is preferred
- Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting is preferred
- Fluency in English & French is mandatory to deal with the counterparties
- Robust command of the fundamentals of finance and accounting – ability to analyse and value businesses
- Strong analytical and modelling skills – advanced proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint are required
- Excellent oral and written skills – you have strong communication skills and know your audience. Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Relevant project management / live deal process management experience
- CFA and / or CA preferred
Qualities & Values
- You are passionate about your work, are keen gaining new experience and strive to continually learn
- You operate like an owner and apply a pro-active work ethic – finding, proposing, and executing solutions when faced with challenges
- You enjoy working with a high-performance team where expectations match our ambitions
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- You have a strong work ethic and are committed to the delivery of the highest quality of work with an attention for detail
- You have an analytical mind and are organized, process and results driven
- You focus on practicality, can think commercially, and are not interested in facetime, hype, or buzzwords
- You are passionate about making a real difference and support the success of your peers