Investment Associate (2+ years) - Real Assets / Real Estate
Our client is a principal investor and investment manager focused on real estate and related real asset transactions in the UK.
The firm is small, entrepreneurial and well capitalised, the founder has a strong track record.
This role suits somebody who wants to gain signficant expsosure to the full life cycle of invstment transactions at an early stage of their career.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top tier university likely in one of the following subjects: mathematics; sciences; engineering and related disciplines; or economics.
- 2-3+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting, principal investment or related advisory.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in particular in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Transaction screening, due diligence and compiling term sheets.
- Meeting with and diligencing UK management teams, sellers and other counterparties.
- Full underwriting and modelling of transactions, and preparation of memos, presentations and other investor materials.
- Assisting and ultimately taking the lead in certain areas of transaction origination.
- Management of transaction pipeline.
- Procuring, selecting and managing third party advisers as part of a transaction closing process, and advisers and management teams during ownership period.
- Reviewing third party prepared due diligence materials.
- Assisting in the negotiation process for acquisitions and disposals.
- Assisting in capital raising both from equity co-investors, and financing/ re-financing companies or real estate to the extent leverage forms part of the strategy.
- Portfolio management by assisting and overseeing implementation and execution of strategies to create value in acquired assets.
- Selection of sell-side advisers and preparation of companies and assets for sale.
- General assistance in supporting management with overall running and growth of the company.