Director, Head of UK and European Real Estate Investor & Funds practice
Our client is a real estate principal investor and asset manager of European real estate. Due to growth, the firm are looking to hire looking to hire an energetic and like-minded Investment Associate in London
- Transaction screening, due diligence, and compiling term sheets.
- Meeting with and diligencing UK management teams, sellers, and other counterparties.
- Full underwriting and modelling of transactions, and preparation of memos, presentations, and other investor materials.
- Assisting and ultimately taking the lead in certain areas of transaction origination.
- Management of transaction pipeline.
- Procuring, selecting, and managing third party advisers as part of a transaction closing process, and advisers and management teams during ownership period.
- Reviewing third party prepared due diligence materials.
- Assisting in the negotiation process for acquisitions and disposals.
- Assisting in capital raising both from equity co-investors, and financing/ re-financing companies
- Portfolio management by assisting and overseeing implementation and execution of strategies to create value in acquired assets.
- Selection of sell-side advisers and preparation of companies and assets for sale.
- General assistance in supporting management with overall running and growth of the company.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top tier university likely in one of the following subjects: mathematics; sciences; engineering and related disciplines; or economics.
- 3-7+ years of experience in real estate from within investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting or principal investment
- Real Estate transaction experience is a pre-requisite.
- Professional experience in buying or investing in companies as well as real estate is a distinct advantage.
- The learning curve will be steep, and as such will require the candidate to be excited by a challenge, and capable of taking on several workstreams simultaneously
- The role will be suitable to those people with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Native English Other languages viewed positively, but by no means required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in particular in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint