Our client is recognised as one the most successful firms in the private equity industry. The firm’s performance over the past few years marks it out as one of the top names in the UK mid market and has been recognised through multiple industry awards. The client is looking to hire an Investment Associate / Manager into the buyout fund focused on investing in small to mid sized companies.
Investment Associates focus on transaction execution while working in a collegiate environment where creativity and entrepreneurial thinking are highly valued.
Key responsibilities include:
- The main focus of the role will be analysing new investment opportunities and supporting recommendations to acquire businesses where the fund can influence strategic direction to create value;
- Secondary to this you will support in structuring, negotiating and executing investment transactions;
- Co-ordinating with consultants, investment bankers and lawyers on transactions;
- Monitoring the execution of ongoing strategic initiatives in investee companies.
- Putting together presentations as well as using valuation skills when analysing companies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in an analytical/mathematically related subject with a minimum of a 2:1;
- Minimum 2 years experience financial analysis/structuring experience in private equity, corporate finance or investment banking;
- Applied knowledge of financial modelling, investment analysis and company valuation;
- Applied knowledge of basic accounting principles;
- Strong Excel capabilities;
- Solid Word and PowerPoint skills;
- Excellent written English language skills.
Please submit your CV through the portal to initiate a confidential conversation with a member of the team at Metis Search.