Our client, a sophisticated Investment firm with circa $26Bil of Asset under Advice is looking to add to their investment capability by hiring an Investment Associate to their highly regarded Investment team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting a range of Institutional and Family Office clients you will work in small team to specify, develop and execute clients’ investment strategies.
- This will involve, among other things:
- Setting of long-term asset allocation targets
- Evaluation and selection of third-party investment managers
- Design and oversight of derivative overlay strategies
- Research and generation of tactical asset allocation ideas
- Attending client meetings to report on investment performance and discuss investment strategy.
- Participating in pitches to prospective clients, performing due diligence on third-party investment managers, co-authoring investment strategy White Papers and helping to develop our technological capabilities.
- Longer term you will also be expected to take an active part in on-going projects and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Background & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be an intellectually curious team player with strong analytical skills and an active interest in investments and capital markets.
- Previous investment research experience, either in an investment bank, asset management firm, or investment research house is a pre-requisite
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear and structured manner to produce high-quality professional client-facing documents
- You will have a graduated with a 1st class or 2:1 degree from a leading university and ideally be studying towards or have completed the CFA or CAIA qualifications
- Strong numerical and system skills with a particular focus on Excel
- Able to work within a rigorous investment process
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted