An exciting opportunity has arisen for a graduate with 1-2 years Financial Services experience to join the portfolio management team at one of our long-standing, award winning and highly prestigious clients in the Financial Services sector. In this role you will be working in a position which represents the public face of the company with its relationships with its clients and professional advisers
You will be working closely members of the Portfolio Management Team, including Client Services, Investment Directors and taking direction from the Director of Portfolio Management. You will be someone looking for further development to expand your skills and knowledge of portfolio management theory, the investment world and the research process, and how this is applied to the Company’s business.
- An overriding requirement to act with skill, care and diligence.
- To use resources effectively and productively to ensure quality and consistency of work output.
- To apply techniques which would reasonably be expected to identify and deter potential incidents of non-compliant behaviour in the investment team.
- To meet the objectives of the company’s Training & Competence requirements, and to provide records of CPD when required.
Essential Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 1 years’ prior experience working in Financial Services
- Financial soundness and commercial awareness
- Prior experience with updating core strategies & monitoring model performance (STG/USD/EUR)
- Prior experience with internal/external portfolio analysis
- Prior experience with Benchmark submission (Asset Risk Consultants)
- Prior experience preparing prospective client proposals
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personable, presentable and able to work accurately
- Competent Microsoft excel skills
- Portfolio management knowledge and a good understanding of stock market conditions and economic trends – desirable
- GCSE Maths– Grade 7 and above (equivalent to grade A and above) - essential
- GCSE English – Grade 6 and above (equivalent to grade B and above) - essential
- 3 A levels – A,A,B (A in Maths is essential)
- A level in Statistics – Desired
- IMC - Desired
- Private Medical Scheme
- Income Protection
- Dental Scheme
- Benefit Hub – access to promotions and discounts
- Cycle Scheme
- Death in Service scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Digital GP
- Critical Illness
Please contact Marysia Popow at Law At Work to discuss this unique opportunity Marysia.firstname.lastname@example.org