Investment Analyst, Real Estate Finance
- £Competitive + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MacDonald and Company(UK)
- 30 Oct 17 2017-10-30
An excellent opportunity for hands on, beginning to end exposure in a small, dynamic team, with massive spending power.
The team historically provided traditional vanilla senior lending fixed and floating products (0-65% LTV) of £200-300mn ticket size across the UK, Ireland and Western Europe, from the London office. They now also have a 0-80% whole loan strategy for £10 – 75mn tickets and are currently fundraising for Fund 1.
Job Title: Investment Analyst
The successful candidate would play an important and integral role on the team. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of financial, credit, real estate underwriting, analytical, negotiation, and presentation skills.
As an Investment Analyst you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Real Estate Investment team to provide in-depth analysis of potential real estate transactions across a variety of capital sources. You will perform financial modelling and analysis of potential real estate transactions and have the opportunity for experience with multiple real estate lending programs and innovative loan structures.
Typical job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modelling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
- Assist with all aspects of the loan origination process, including the modelling and evaluation of new investment opportunities, sensitivity analysis, analysis of the risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, due-diligence review, preparation of authorization memos, and loan closing.
- Interact professionally with internal credit, legal and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers, third-party service providers, rating agencies and bond investors.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top university.
- Strong excel modelling, quantitative skills and established analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) & ability to learn new applications
- Excellent communication, team work and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- 1-3 years of prior experience from a financial institution in the commercial real estate, debt and/or finance field.