T. Rowe Price’s Multi-Asset Division, which collectively manages $450bn+ across a growing range of mandates globally, provides a collaborative, solution-oriented environment for quantitative researchers from a diverse set of backgrounds. Part of the division is dedicated to systematic investing and oversees a variety of research-driven,often risk managed strategies that offer alternative or enhanced value propositions based upon existing capabilities from the broader T. Rowe Price investment platform. The highly interactive and thorough investment process at T. Rowe Price values intellectual agility and honesty, tolerance for ambiguity, a collaborative demeanor, a high degree of pragmatism, and a constructive attitude towards change.
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
T. Rowe Price’s Quantitative Investment Analyst opportunity requires an experienced, generalist multi-asset researcher who will conduct applied, investment-oriented quantitative analysis within the Multi-Asset Division at T. Rowe Price. One area of emphasis will be researching risk premium and factor investing at the asset class level, including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing academic and practitioner research related to multi-asset factors, as well as replicating key results
- Contributing to the broader research process by helping to select, define, or refine multi-asset factors that can be used as investment signals
- Contributing to the broader investment process by helping to design multi-asset portfolios emphasizing factor signals and/or systematic risk management
- Selectively leading or contributing to other multi-asset research or systematic investing initiatives
- 4+ years of prior investing experience
- Ph.D. in economics or quantitative finance, or in the natural sciences or engineering
- Prior experience in systematic, multi-asset factor or risk premium investing
- Evidence of independent research in multi-asset factor or risk premium investing
- Advanced proficiency in R and SQL
- Proficiency with the git version control system
- CFA certification
- Experience working with listed derivatives (Options & Futures)
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, either in economics or quantitative finance, or in the natural sciences or engineering
- A strong foundation in applied empirical analysis (experimental work in natural sciences, statistics, econometrics, data science)
- Strong programming skills including R and SQL
- Experience in capital markets and investment topics, either through work experience or educational background
- The ability to work effectively in a thoughtful, collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills, being able to interface effectively with forward-thinking quantitative colleagues as well as non-technical audiences
- Proficiency working with moderate to large data sets
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.