The direct investments arm of a globally-recognised firm are seeking an Investment Analyst to join their Clean Energy division. The roles seeks to assist in the sourcing and execution of high quality Direct Investments in Clean Energy: technology, infrastructure, distributed and utility-scale assets or investments; that support the strategy and financial targets. The ideal candidate would be sat in a Transaction Services/Deal Advisory/Corporate Finance function in a leading audit firm with coverage of the Renewable Energy sector.
- Undertaking commercial, technical, financial and legal due diligence work streams for prospective investments.
- Managing second line due diligence and governance assessments undertaken by specialist colleagues from across the group to complete the required internal components of the due diligence on the investment.
- Undertake the economic valuation and modelling to deliver a quantitative appraisal of the assets in terms of expected returns and evaluation of how the structures will behave under loss scenarios and determining breakpoints for back stressing;
- Preparation and presentation of investment reports both for dissemination internally within the team and more broadly to/for group-wide committees.
- Research and analysis of technologies, markets and opportunities used to evaluate the Direct Investment pipeline and presented to the forum for deciding on which deals are pursued.
- Input to the approval process for any acquisition or disposal to ensure it is in line with group governance policies and processes.
- Ensure that information provided to decision making committees is accurate and risks are clearly presented.
- Ensure all Management Information is high quality, timely and correct to support decision making, implementation of strategy and manage the asset pipeline.
- On-going management oversight of clean energy portfolio investments.
- Ideally Business, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science or Mathematical Graduate with ACA/ACCA/CFA or equivalent
- A background from a 'Big 10' Audit firm - sitting in Transaction Services/Deal Advisory/FDD/Corporate Finance with a sector specialism in Clean Energy
- Ability to perform financial statement analysis, detailed cash flow modelling of deals and familiarity with key valuation techniques (e.g. DCF) to come up with recommendations for a variety of senior audiences.
- Experience in clean energy investments (assets, companies and/or technology), ideally including different technologies and/or business models.
- Preference for experience of working with equity investors on clean energy transactions within corporate finance, private equity or infrastructure.
- Experience of managing formal Due Diligence including review of contracts, assessment of risks.
- Ability to assess risk and to work with other parties to ensure risks of an investment are understood and accepted.
- Must be commercially astute and demonstrate excellent investment appraisal and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills and very strong MS Excel / financial modelling skills.
- Excellent report writing skills preferably using MS Word and Powerpoint.