Investment Analyst - Risk and Analytics team
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Willis Towers Watson's investment consulting business aims to change investment for the better for the benefit of its clients. As an Investment Analyst in the Risk and Analytics Team you will assist in providing a first class service to a range of internal clients and work closely with teams of consultants advising DB pension schemes across the UK.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson's investment consulting business aims to change investment for the better for the benefit of its clients. To achieve this, we look to hire and retain the best people, provide opportunities for them to continue to develop their skills and then empower them to make a difference. Our client base of leading investment institutions (including many of the world's largest pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds) demand excellence and creative solutions to the investment challenges they face. As a result, we look to bring people with a variety of backgrounds and skills to work collaboratively on a number of cutting edge assignments.
As an Investment Analyst in the Risk and Analytics Team you will assist in providing a first class service to a range of internal clients and work closely with teams of consultants advising DB pension schemes across the UK.
The roles and services include: modelling of risk and return, setting of investment objectives and strategic asset allocation, designing derivative based investment solutions, monitoring of liabilities and progress against journey plan.
- Commitment to providing a 'best in class' service to clients and adherence to 'Professional Excellence' principles and procedures.
- Model and develop an understanding of client's liabilities and the full range of asset classes using specific software and tools.
- Write and review reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to take ownership for certain projects.
- Develop knowledge of investment markets (including derivatives) which will be applied to analysis and discussion with other team members on a variety of projects.
- Build strong relationships internally with the Investment team and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Liaise with members of other Willis Towers Watson businesses in order to gain the necessary data and understanding of the client's needs.
- Communicate effectively with teams at external organisation including custodians, asset managers and investment banks.
- Support senior team members in order to iteratively provide a suitable solution; presented well and delivered in a timely manner.
- Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
- Minimum 2:1 degree is required along with progress towards or willingness to study for relevant professional qualifications, such as CFA, FIA or equivalent.
- Good IT (especially Excel) skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills; skilled in adapting to different communication methods (phone, email, written documents)
- Team-player; able to fit seamlessly into a team of senior and more junior people all focussed on delivering work of exceptional quality
- Ability to grasp issues and offer innovative solutions
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality work on time
- Understanding of and strong interest in financial markets and the practical issues of investment management
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.