My client is an asset manager with over £300 billion in AUM. They are looking to hire an analyst into the "instructions & governance team", initially on a 12 month FTC but the expectation of going permanent after.
- Trade Structuring/Planning – work alongside structuring and portfolio management teams to develop trade proposals and implementation plans considering operational requirements/limitations and the overall portfolio context.
- Trade Coordination – prepare trade execution runbooks with clear timelines, roles and responsibilities for involved stakeholders and in coordination with other activities.
- Pre-Trade Compliance Checks – check that trade proposals are follow applicable governance and policies and complete checklists evidencing such compliance.
- Trade Approvals/Instructions – maintain documentation and audit trails of trade structuring and execution process.
- Post Trade Checks – together with Asset Management Middle Office validate trades are correctly executed and captured in data and systems.
- Portfolio Steering Processes – maintain and manage databases and monitoring reports for Strategic Asset Allocation and Investment Benchmark processes.
- Mandates and Investment Guidelines –maintain investment mandate and policy documents and communicate/review any changes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Compliance Monitoring – provide guidance to AM Middle Office in codifying investment guidelines and mandate parameters in compliance monitoring systems.
- Matching Adjustment (MA) Eligibility Screening – perform screening of assets for compliance with requirements set out in MA applications.
- Positions Reporting – provide ad-hoc analysis of asset positions held
- Collateral Management – provide ad-hoc support for collateral management
The ideal candidate has some experience in insurance investment management, for example having worked in an investment function at an insurance company or at an asset manager.
Experience in a Middle Office or Back-Office function at an asset manager or bank is essential