- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, UK Branch
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
The Global Investment Analytics team provides comprehensive analytics to PMs. They partner with our CIOs to ensure that investment strategies and process are well structured & executed. The team share analytics to continuously challenge PMs to stay active and outperform consistently. The team also provides strategic insights on company-wide investment performance to the Global & Regional Executive Committees. As part of the Investment Structuring group within Global Investment Analytics, this role will support AllianzGI’s equity strategies, focusing on PM/CIO interaction to achieve the objectives described above.
Role & Responsibilities
• Identify structural and behavioural issues in the portfolios and work with PMs to remedy them
• Provide regular key insights to PMs on portfolio construction, attribution/risk and market dynamics through internal analytics
• Work closely with the Portfolio Analytics group to equip PMs with all the necessary analytics to understand the inner workings of their active portfolios so they can make more informed investment decisions
• Prepare material for and lead internal quarterly review meetings, complete any follow up and action items
• Provide regular updates and necessary escalation to CIOs and Investment Analytics management
• Participate/present in client meetings
• Act as investment subject matter expert for other departments (e.g. appraisal oversight, RFP queries, product specialist/client service support)
Experience / Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience in portfolio management, portfolio risk management or investment research/strategy
• Strong knowledge in the principles of active portfolio management, performance measurement including attribution, and portfolio risk
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong personal relationships
• Well organised, ambitious, goal and service oriented
• Experience with risk models and other investment software applications such as Bloomberg/FactSet, Wilshire or Barra
• Programming proficiency in Excel VBA, MATLAB, SAS or R
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN LONDON, FRANKFURT OR HONG KONG.
About Allianz Global Investors Allianz Global Investors is a diversified active investment manager with a strong parent company and a culture of risk management. With 25 offices worldwide, we provide global investment and research capabilities with consultative local delivery. We have more than EUR 498 billion in AuM for individuals, families and institutions worldwide and employ over 650* investment professionals.
At Allianz Global Investors, we follow a two-word philosophy: Understand. Act. It describes how we look at the world and how we behave. We aim to stand out as the investment partner our clients trust by listening closely to understand their challenges, then acting decisively to provide them with solutions that meet their needs. Data as at 30 June 2017. Incl. AuM of entities held for sale. (*Data as at 31 March 2017)