- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Harbert Management Corporation (Europe) LLC.
- 28 Nov 17 2017-11-28
Harbert European Growth Capital is an established pan-European investor in the TMT and life sciences sectors and is sponsored by Harbert Management Corporation with over $5 billion of assets and committed capital under management. The fund is looking for an Investment Analyst to support the investment team in what is regarded as an ideal opportunity for an ambitious candidate to grow and develop their career within the firm over the longer term.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the investment team in appraising new investment opportunities and deal origination.
- Assisting on the due diligence of new transactions and preparation of internal investment memoranda.
- Tracking new investment opportunities on CRM system and preparing periodic deal flow reports.
- Supporting research programmes around market developments and technology trends.
- Assisting with the management and monitoring of portfolio.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record – minimum of 2.1 Honours degree in a financial or quantitative discipline.
- A post-graduate qualification (CFA, ACA, Masters in Finance) are viewed as desirable.
- Strong financial modelling skills together with a high degree of proficiency in using MS Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills given the close interaction candidates shall have with senior executives.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluent in English; additional European languages considered a plus.
- Self-starter that can work independently in a small team.
- Selling / marketing experience is considered a plus.
- A good understanding of the technology industry is desirable.