- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- London LGPS CIV
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
London LGPS CIV Limited (“London CIV”) has been established for and on behalf of London’s 33 local authorities as an investment fund manager through which they can collaborate and collectivise the investment of their individual pension fund assets. With over £25 billion of assets across the 33 funds invested with almost 90 different Investment Managers through around 260 different mandates and costing some £109 million in fees, there is significant scope for savings and efficiencies.
London CIV was authorised as an Alternative Investment Fund Manager in October 2015 with permission to operate one of the UK’s first Authorised Contractual Scheme funds. The Fund went live in early December 2015 with its first sub-fund. Work is now underway to open more sub-funds with the aim of having around £6 billion of assets under management by the end of launch phase.
Creation of the London CIV continues to be one of the (if not the) most exciting projects in the financial services sector. It’s taken two years to get to where we are and we have much more still to deliver if we are to achieve our ambition, which is to be:
The investment vehicle of choice for local authority pension funds, through successful collaboration and delivery of compelling performance.
- Construct, populate and maintain investment databases
- Provide accurate and timely data analysis of the LCIV investments including performance, reporting and financial modelling
- Support the investor reporting and documentation preparation against an agreed reporting calendar
- Support day to day operations and the implementation of the wider investment strategy
- Assist in the analysis of investment managers’ performance and underlying investments
- Collate, sort and analyse data as required, both on a project and ongoing basis
- Provide reporting and data point information to support the CIO and investment team to monitor portfolio risk characteristics and compliance inside investment guidelines
- Assist in the analysis of prospective investment managers and asset classes, including market analysis and technical modelling of investments
- Monitor performance against internal and external benchmarks, capturing and reporting findings to the investment team, as part of supporting data based decision making process
- Work with the CIO to monitor, record and assess the financial implications of a range of investment products and managers.
- Assist in the preparation of investment reports to internal committees, including the Investment Oversight Committee and the Board
- Assist in the procurement of investment related services and processes
- Work as part of a team, supporting with the day to day activities and ad hoc tasks as required
This job description is aimed to be illustrative and is not exhaustive of the duties, which could be contained within this position. The post-holder may be asked to undertake duties, which are commensurate with this area of work and grade.
- A relevant university degree
- Demonstrable ability to understand investments, including knowledge of multiple investment classes
- An appropriate investment qualification (i.e. CFA) or willingness to study an investment related qualification (sponsorship available from the company)
- Experience of using information technology, Microsoft, financial systems to provide management information
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with key service providers and clients
- A natural problem solver with a flexible approach
- Able to work in small organisations and teams
- Strong analytical skills and numerical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, organised and able to prioritise
- Sound judgement
- Team player
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Closing date: 02 December 2017