Talent Acquisition & Advisory
We are looking for a Financial Crime Investigations Analyst to act as a subject matter expert for transaction monitoring, sanction screening and financial crime analysis across our respondent FI and NBFI client base. Specific responsibilities include manual and automated post-transaction monitoring, analysis / escalation of sanction alerts, investigation of fraud queries and responding to law enforcement requests.
We believe that the best Analysts enjoy what they do. Candidates should have proven experience in sanction screening and transaction monitoring across FI and NBFIs. You will have a strong understanding of Sanction screening and transaction monitoring detection methods. You must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with change and take pride in owning and mitigating Financial Crime risk for the business. Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing ideas, engaging with clients and making informed decisions. Candidates should have sound knowledge of correspondent banking services; strong technical and regulatory knowledge across Financial Crime and Sanctions within the UK and EEA and a firm understanding of how to identify and mitigate risks within a business.
Core Skills and Experience:
- Subject matter expertise within Transaction Monitoring, Sanction screening and financial crime analysis across FIs and NBFIs.
- Have a deep understanding of the risks within correspondent banking and experience in detection and mitigation of such risk.
- Assist with building Financial Crime / sanctions and money laundering typologies knowledge within the team and across the wider business.
- Conduct complex transaction analysis using large data sets to identify unusual themes and patterns.
- Review sanctioned payment alerts against sanction screening lists, conduct analysis into potential hits and determine whether to release or report payments.
- Monitor and investigate fraud cases, liaising with respondent FI/NBFIs to diminish losses and assist in recovery of funds.
- Manage and resolve end-to-end inquiries (alerts, cases, reviews) in a timely manner.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potential suspicious activity and disposition or investigate as appropriate.
- Present recommendations on clients, to include exit, supported by comprehensive assessments on Financial Crime risks and outcomes of investigations.
- Where appropriate, facilitate requests for information (RFIs) by liaising with clients and/or RMs.
- Proactively identify trends and emerging themes that can be used to enhance detection capabilities.
- Manage competing tasks and priorities in a manner that effectively mitigates top risks.
- Apply technical and regulatory knowledge to identify potential control / risk issues
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the development of systems and strengthening of controls
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities.
Financial Services/Banking Experience:
- Knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Understanding of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Understanding of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services.
- Experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions, red flags, and suspicious activity investigation.
Key Skills and expertise:
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement.
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
About what we offer
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
The legal bit
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
By entering your details in the fields and clicking this button, you submit your information to ClearBank® Limited, who will use it to communicate with you. ClearBank® Limited securely stores and uses your details in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and ClearBank® Limited’s data retention policy. ClearBank® Limited will not sell or lease your information. To opt out of further communications from ClearBank® Limited please email ClearBank® Limited at email@example.com
Perks, benefits and rewards
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspectives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the difference between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate and most importantly speak up to make us better.