Internship - ICS EMEA Advisor
- This internship position is remunerated (daily rate of £92)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
We are immediately looking for a talented and self-motivated intern to join our ISS Corporate Solutions team in London. This is a client-facing role that provides consultative and advisory services centered on executive compensation and corporate governance to senior executives at the world’s largest companies. The ideal candidate will use ISS Corporate Solutions’ proprietary data and tools to help companies understand how to evaluate and mitigate shareholder’s perceptions of governance risk.
ISS Corporate Solutions (“ICS”) is the world’s leading provider of data, analytics and advisory services helping companies build shareholder value through strong executive compensation sustainability, and corporate governance programs.
Our global client base extends to more than 1,000 companies located across North America, Europe and Asia. These industry leaders leverage ISS Corporate Solutions' resources, tools and advisory services to help them design, manage and measure their executive compensation and corporate governance programs in order to improve shareholder value and reduce risk. Our unique offerings include cutting edge software and analytics and differentiated advisory insight delivered as an annual subscription service. In recent years we have significantly expanded our capabilities through both acquisitions and new product introductions.
We also partner with compensation consultants, law firms, investment banks, and other professional services firms to help companies with their compensation, governance and sustainability needs.
ICS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc. (“ISS”) and is headquartered in Rockville, MD.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients.
Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values through your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
• Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
• Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
• Develop a detailed understanding of executive remuneration and gain an awareness of its technical terminology.
• Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
• Contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
• Develop research and analytical skills
• Supporting the ICS Advisory team with the production of client reports, data retrieval, and analysis
• Analysing client data and proposals to identify sources of concern to shareholders in executive compensation and corporate governance proposals.
• Training and supporting clients through quarterly account outreaches, content delivery, and product training sessions.
• Developing industry-leading intellectual capital on executive compensation and corporate governance topics.
Qualifications Desired experienced and qualifications:
• A relevant master degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field with an exceptional performance record
• A prior experience in a relevant area will be considered as an advantage.
• Technical comfort (including the ability to quickly learn and train on customized computer applications)
• French language a plus
• Superior customer service ethic and excellent relationship-building skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present professionally and authoritatively
• Excellent time management skills: able to deal with large quantities of work/data and strict deadlines
• Strong analytic skills with extreme attention to details
• Superior problem-solving skills
• Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant resources
• Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative while also working successfully in a team environment
This internship position is remunerated (daily rate of £92) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1564/internship---ics-emea-advisor/job by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration.
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes