International Tax Utility - Executive Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the Firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT solutions. Operations continually seek ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets. Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management.
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and International Tax Utility.
International Tax Utility (ITU) helps senior management and its individual business units manage the Firm's Tax risk by owning and driving forward the Operational Tax Control framework. Maintaining and enhancing the internal operating processes, the division is crucial to safeguarding the Firm's franchise, proactively identifying and reporting on all in scope Tax risks.
The role is within the EMEA Operational Tax Risk and Advisory team supporting multiple business areas across Equities, Fixed Income and Financing. The role will be working closely with teams across Corporate Tax, Operations, Technology and the Business Units to manage the ongoing support of operational taxes across over 40 markets.
- To manage a team supporting the risk and advisory activities within EMEA
- To monitor, review and sign-off on the impact of tax changes on operational tax processing and communicate implications to key stakeholders
- To work with Corporate Tax to interpret the legislation and to provide guidance and work with Operations teams and the Business units to implement required operational processes.
- To manage the creation and documentation of operational tax requirements, processes, policies and procedures for Operations to correctly set up systems to ensure tax compliance
- To provide technical support around CRS for the ITU team managing the CRS deliverables and liaising with Corporate Tax to ensure compliance with global CRS requirements.
- To attend and represent MS at industry forums
- Detailed tax technical understanding of operational taxes and their application to an international financial institution
- Technical understanding of CRS and the reporting requirements
- Understanding of equity and fixed income products and associated operational tax implications
- Track record of developing level of technical knowledge across teams and stakeholders
- Proactive management of global stakeholders operating in a complex and fast moving environment
- Programme management skills
- Staff Management and track record of staff development
- Strong communication skills able to provide clear, concise information on risk, impact and resolution
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents .*LI-CN1