International Tax Manager
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an International Tax Manager, to join the Tax team based in London, to support the Amazon Advertising business.
The International Tax Manager will work collaboratively with the Amazon Advertising business teams to support current and future Amazon Advertising product offerings, expansions and restructurings, as well as provide day-to-day support.
The candidate will participate in various cross-functional projects to provide tax considerations and requirements and should be able to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. The candidate will drive planning and program management for the tax work-stream and collaborate with business partners and other functional stakeholders.
The candidate will primarily focus on corporate tax matters but also have an awareness of withholding tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing matters.
• Researching international tax issues - working with outside advisers as necessary - as part of the tax team supporting business initiatives.
• Defining, managing and coordinating tax requirements for existing and new program launches.
• Providing relevant tax guidance and working to build relationships and understanding with the business so that adherence is maintained.
• Assess and communicate how existing or future tax laws and regulations will impact the business.
• Assist with managing relationships with outside tax advisors and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ years of international corporate tax experience with a public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or in industry, preferably a multinational corporation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of working with European tax laws.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Professional tax, accounting or legal qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ADIT, CTA or similar.
• Relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm.
• Expertise in international tax planning and strong understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on milestone driven projects.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.