twentyAI are partnered with a Retail Challenger Bank who are looking for a consultant who is a specialist in International Tax / Transfer Pricing for an initial period of 4 months on a day rate contract outside IR35. Consultants must be immediately available to start. The role is fully remote.
This person will support the business as its primary tax consultant in all areas of direct tax for the non-European regions, including Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico, Singapore and the United States. Owning the global transfer pricing function – including for Europe. Acting direct tax adviser for senior management in all non-European regions.
- Providing expert tax advice to the Finance leadership, including modelling of tax impacts, for all regions outside of Europe.
- Ensuring full compliance in tax matters as a business partner and as governance function for driving tax compliance and efficiency
- Owning, developing and rolling out the global transfer pricing policy, including for Europe
- Overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities for all direct tax advisory, tax strategies, and project management outside of Europe.
- Serving as the key point of contact for all tax risk governance and control matters for all regions outside of Europe, including embedding all processes and controls and working with leadership on tax control matters
- Providing advice, review, and consultation as to the reasonableness of regional direct tax calculations outside of Europe
- Driving non-European income tax audits and being a key contact to provide technical advice & support in dealing with non-European tax authorities, as required.
- Serving as a point of contact for regional management, new product or business initiatives, and regional external tax advisers located outside of Europe.
- Consulting management on the potential impacts and requirements related to direct tax legislation (including OECD initiatives)
- Providing technical income tax consultation regarding complex financial transactions and making recommendations related to income tax and accounting for income tax consequences
- A degree in Finance, Law, Economics or similar area
- Prior experience in a similar role and likely to have 8+ years experience in a financial services or FinTech environment with direct responsibility for transfer pricing and direct tax planning and structuring
- A proven track record in advisory and compliance across direct tax, indirect tax, international tax and transfer pricing
- Strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail