International Tax Director – Global Tax Team
- Market standards
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 18 Nov 18
Newly created opening for an experienced, international tax professional to support global strategic tax initiatives and compliance requirements for Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, a company with revenues of almost $15B in 2017. This position will report to the Global Head of Tax and will be based in London.
In additional to strong tax technical capabilities, candidate must possess strong project management skills with the ability to manage large-scale, transformative projects independently (with requisite supervision and collaboration from other team members) to successful conclusion. Candidate must possess a willingness to learn and take initiative. Candidate must also be a team player who works collaboratively with other corporate and business unit professionals in an extremely collegial and supportive work environment/culture.
- Act as lead tax support on all non-US tax matters relating to a strategic initiative underway to
- establish the UK as the company’s global, operational hub
- Provide direct and indirect tax advice on all aspects of this initiative, including coordinating with
- business teams and clients on operational implementation
- Assist with key structural aspects including functional and organizational design both from
- income tax and governmental incentives perspective where applicable
- Work closely with global head of transfer pricing, also based in London, on strategic and
- operational issues of transfer pricing policies and documentation
- Supervise and oversee Income, VAT/Indirect and other tax filings in the EMEA region, including
- compliance, reporting and planning
- Manage, review, and ensure the accuracy of quarterly estimated tax payments in the EMEA
- Oversee all tax audits and examinations in the EMEA region
- Oversee the adequacy of Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls relating to tax processes and update
- documentation as necessary
- Work closely with the Global tax team and Controller’s group to provide expert advice on tax
- accounting issues
- Conduct technical research on tax matters and prepare internal memoranda to document
- management’s conclusions
- Assist with acquisitions in the EMEA region and operational and legal integration of acquired
- Supervise 2 direct reports, both based in London
- Oversee external tax support, including from the Big 4 and law firms
- Extensive experience in international tax matters for large MNC,
- Experience with US-outbound international tax preferred but not essential
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Relevant advanced degree in Economics, Tax, Finance, Law, etc. required
- In-house experience or experience with a services company preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax
- Familiarity with accounting for income taxes, including financial and cash impact of TP strategies
- and transactions
- Understanding of USGAAP and IFRS financial statements, both consolidated and by entity.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently in fast-paced and flexible corporate
- environment but with judgement to consult company’s tax leaders on significant decisions
- Ultimate team player with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work seamlessly with other
- members both within and outside of tax
- Willingness to stretch beyond comfort zone to explore new areas of tax, broaden skill-sets, and
- tackle unanticipated challenges in dynamic and fast-growing company
You will join an extremely collegial and supportive, global team that prides itself on its extremely low
attrition rate. You will also have the opportunity to immediately and directly participate in
transformative projects of significant strategic value for the company.
The company has been a growth leader in its industry for many years and offers unparalleled access to
training, global career progression opportunities and a very competitive compensation package.
The position is primarily London-based with approx. 10-20% international travel, primarily to the USA
The job holder will also have some flexibility to work from home.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.