International Retail and iShares RFP Specialist - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2018, BlackRock’s AUM was $6.3 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Retail and iShares Request for Proposal (“RFP”) team plays a vital role in the effort to win new business for BlackRock’s Retail and iShares businesses and liaises closely with colleagues across sales groups and portfolio management teams to deliver high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to prospective and existing clients.
We are seeking a motivated professional to join the Global Retail and iShares RFP team. Based in London, this role will support International Retail and iShares product ranges and work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for writing Requests for Information (RFI’s), providing Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ’s) upon request and coordinating the completion of new business Requests for Proposal (RFP’s). They will work closely with investment teams, sales teams, Legal and Compliance, and business operations across the International business.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to different areas of the business and gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the products we manage.
- Coordinate the completion of new business RFPs and complete RFIs and DDQs in a professional, accurate and timely manner
- Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed timeframes
- Primary point of contact for sales teams and sales support teams who have requested RFP’s, RFI’s and DDQ’s for their clients
- Collaborate closely with the recently established RFP team in Budapest and other RFP/RFI teams across the business to ensure consistent and high quality responses and that all client deadlines are met
- Ensure continuous improvement of team processes and drive innovative use of resources. Take responsibility for contributing to the maintenance and audit of the core resource.
- Contribute to continual population and development of the proposals database, refreshing and improving answers on an ongoing basis
Experience & skills:
- BA or BS degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience processing and writing RFI, RFP and DDQ within a retail or institutional environment required
- Demonstration of good investment knowledge across key asset classes
- Exhibits a client-focused attitude and be dedicated to offering the highest level of client service
- Proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Drive and determination, with a willingness to learn and innovate
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance or supervision
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile for clients
- Possesses strong organisational and analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to manage and control priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.